Sunday, January 18, 2009

North Revisited


Even though I like to travel, I seldom do so and of all the destination that I travelled more than others is, north of the Malaysian peninsular.

25 December 2008, I revisited north via the North-South Espressway which started from Perak, Penang, Kedah and of course, Perlis. Ipoh was where I was brought up and I got my early education at SRJK Cator Avenue while my four elder brothers were schooling at the widely known Anderson School. So, you can imagine how happy I was to have come to Ipoh, again. After a short rest at the Sg Perak R & R, I continued the journey to north. Praise to Allah the Almighty that finally, at about 6 pm, I reached Kangar. 26 December 2008, I went to UiTM Arau for my son's registration and after the Friday prayer, with the registration was done, I started my travel back south. I went to Kuala Ketil town and spent the night at a relative house in one sleepy hollow town named Merbau Pulas.

27 December 2008, went to Azhar Abd Aziz @ Pinky's house in Kulim. All hells broke loose on that meeting with Pinky. I left Kulim at 10 past 11 and after a 5 hours drive, I reached home.

Riddle about North

1. At this town you have to drive carefully or will sure involve in an accident. What town is it?

2. If you enter this town, you'll get bitten with insects. What town is it?

3. This town is hot and dry. Wanna guess?

An finally, to all my northern friends (whether you are from or staying north) these pantuns are for you :-

Indah sungguh nian pandangan
sawah padi luas terbentang
negeri Perlis Indera Kayangan
mulut menyebut hati terkenang

Hijau kuning warna keramat
udara segar lagi nyaman
budi bahasa amalan rakyat
negeri Kedah Darul Aman

Pulau Pinang nama negeri
Mutiara Timur gelaran di beri
pantainya cantik putih bak salji
segar ingatan di sanubari


Le Beau Garcon

No comments: